Alberta Country Vacations
You can find it all, from the prairies to the Rocky Mountain foothills.
Alberta Country Vacation Association (ACVA) can help you find the ranch, country vacation or backcountry adventure to match your dreams.
Imagine yourself taking the best vacation of your life at a ranch, in the backcountry or a country vacation venue. The cool, fresh mountain air, the open spaces, the feel of a steady horse beneath you as you top the next rise…relaxing in the warmth of the setting sun as you wait for the dinner bell call…shared time with family and friends.
Some guests say it’s an awesome experience to be surrounded only by wilderness without a street light or freeway within sight or earshot. Others are amazed at the peaceful silence.
The meals are scrumptious and the accommodations range from rustic cabins, cozy teepees to pampered retreats.
Let’s not forget the possibility to master the “art of relaxation”. When you find yourself surrounded by natural beauty, slow down, breathe deeply and appreciate it. All ACVA member properties are located in the most pristine wilderness areas or country sides in Alberta. Watch a sunset, wait for the cattle to come to water, go bird-watching, take a walk through wildflowers, nap in a hammock, listen to the livestock, read a good book or just sit quietly and let your mind wander.
Don’t hesitate to call or email the ranches that you are interested in, and ask them to help you. If they don’t offer everything you’re looking for, they will recommend a ranch that does. Or contact us directly by email email@example.com or by phone 1-866-217-2282. We encourage you to visit the Association website and refer to our directory on albertacountryvacation.com and like us on facebook to get news and updates!
There are lots of activities to enjoy on a ranch or country venue:
- Riding horses, backcountry riding, trail riding and ranch riding
- Cattle ranching
- Country dancing, western culture, crafts, music & history
- Camping, fishing, golfing, hiking, birding, canoeing
- Spotting wild horses & other Alberta wildlife
- Sampling fantastic western cuisine
- Winter – cross-country skiing, skating, snowshoeing, sleigh rides
Back Country Vacations:
Explore the western trails of the foothills and Rocky Mountains as you ride horses and hike from tent camps or cabins. Experience the real west just as the early explorers and trappers did.
We have a bounty of businesses operating in the country promoting the cowboy lifestyle, our western heritage and celebrating these vast landscapes. Many choose the direction their passions takes by investing in a particular aspect of these attributes and welcome visitors to share in a wide array of experiences. They are known as the ‘Dames on the Range’!
- “Laugh Lines” Joyce Pallister-Bronsch-Author and Entertainer, Grande Dame Joyce
- Alberta Parks, Dame Heidi
- Anchor K Creations, Handcrafted Jewelry, Dame Kerry
- Bar U Ranch National Historic Site, Dame Marion
- Brown Creek Ranch Bed & Breakfast/Brown Creek Wild Rags, Dame Shaunere
- Centre Peak High Country Adventures, Dame Kate
- Chimney Rock Bed and Breakfast, Dame Debbie
- Chimney Rock Ranch Wellness Retreat, Dame Sheila
- Classic Rodeo Boutique, Dame Audi
- Connie McKenzie, RMT Dame Connie
- Cowboy Country Western Store, Dame Shawna
- Custom Horsehair and Wool Creations, Dame Donna
- Dakatama, Dame Ann
- Full Circle Adventures, Dame Julie
- Herbal Healing Inc, Dame Elizabeth and Dame Jo-Anne
- Janet Sippola, Western Artist, Dame Janet
- Jardi Welsch-Photographer, Dame Jardi
- Judy Dahl, Western Artist and Photographer, Dame Judy
- Kayben Farms, Dame Judy
- LCARF (Little Creeks and Rough Fescue Appreciation Society), Dame Sarah
- Lucasia Ranch Vacations, Dame Judy
- McRae Silversmith, Dame Kelly
- Om on the Range, Dame Tammi Rae
- Oxley Ranch Tours and Cattle Co, Dame Jennifer
- Red Horse Aromatics and Massage, Dame Holly
- Reesor Ranch Guest Ranch/Bed and Breakfast, Dame Theresa
- Serious Backcountry, Dame Pam
- Sierra West Cabins & Ranch Vacations, Dame Ginny
- Taste of Country Cookhouse, Dame Praba
- Terri Fisher, Equine Experiential Life Coach, Dame Terri
- Trail’s End Beef, Dame Rachel
- Western ELement Photography, Dame El
- Western Horse Review, Dame Jenn
- Wild About Flowers, Dame Arden
- Willow Valley Soapworks, Dame Wendy
- Winning Strides, Dame Laurie
This group of women all own or manage their own businesses – offering folks a product or service from their place in the rural community while raising a family, supporting their community and encouraging other ‘Dames’ in their ventures. We network to promote each other; guide and offer assistance when needed. We host an authentic visit because our goal is to share the real story about living in the country!
Regardless of your interests, our Dames are sure to show you more about you while you learn more about us! They are our ‘neigh’bours and the jewels of our community!
To see a full list of the Dames visit them at facebook.com/Dames.on.the.Range