The Alberta Country Vacations Association
Alberta Country Vacation Association (ACVA) can help you find the ranch, country vacation or backcountry adventure to match your dreams.
You can find it all, from the prairies to the Rocky Mountain foothills.
Imagine yourself taking the best vacation of your life at a ranch, in the backcountry or a country vacation venue. The cool, fresh mountain air, the open spaces, the feel of a steady horse beneath you as you top the next rise…relaxing in the warmth of the setting sun as you wait for the dinner bell call…shared time with family and friends.
Some guests say it’s an awesome experience to be surrounded only by wilderness without a street light or freeway within sight or earshot. Others are amazed at the peaceful silence.
The meals are scrumptious and the accommodations range from rustic cabins, cozy teepees to pampered retreats.
There are lots of activities to enjoy on a ranch or country venue:
- Riding horses, backcountry riding, trail riding and ranch riding
- Cattle ranching
- Country dancing, western culture, crafts, music & history
- Camping, fishing, golfing, hiking, birding, canoeing
- Spotting wild horses & other Alberta wildlife
- Sampling fantastic western cuisine
- Winter – cross-country skiing, skating, snowshoeing, sleigh rides
Back Country Vacations:
Explore the western trails of the foothills and Rocky Mountains as you ride horses and hike from tent camps or cabins. Experience the real west just as the early explorers and trappers did.
Alberta Country Vacation Association Members
- Anchor D Guiding & Outfitting
- Banff Trail Riders
- Brewster Mountain Pack Trains
- Brown Creek Ranch Bed & Breakfast
- Kokopelli Country Cabins
- Lucasia Ranch Vacations
- Myown River Ranch
- Outpost at Warden Rock
- Rangeview Ranch Vacations
- Red Deer River Ranches
- Red Lodge Guest Ranch
- Sierra West Cabins & Ranch Vacations
- Skyline Ranching & Outfitting
- Timberline Tours
- TL Bar Ranch
- Wild Deuce Retreats & Outfitting